Thursday 26 March 2009


I'll start at the beginning, after all this is the start of

a walk in my world, my blog.

(well, me and arthurs blog)

I'll introduce myself first,
My name is Sue, I'm a fairly normal person, although I have a rather annoying partner, his name is 'Arthur'
Actually, Arthur is not so much a partner, more of a part of me, i wish he wasn't but, you can't get rid something that chooses to be part of you. Arthur is my rheumatoid arthritis he joined me about 2 years ago, although i have my suspicions he'd been creeping up on me for along time before then, many years really, but in January 2007 he joined himself to me and now he's here forever.

You can probably understand that having Arthur has caused a lot of things in my life to change, maybe even vanish forever, my independence has shrunk and i now rely on my Friends and family more than i ever have before.
some day's i wish i could get rid of Arthur, cut him out of my body, banish him from my world, but i know he'll never truly leave, even if some day's i don't notice him so much, he's always there, ready to surprise me with a gift, maybe pain, maybe just keeping me from sleeping, maybe making me sad, maybe angry, only he knows what his next move will be.

i've never been a super fit and active persom but i used to enjoy going out for walks with my eldest daughter Ellie and my hubby Daev, we would start of on a adventure, finding secret places, fun places or even scarey mad horses in the middle of a field somewhere in Hook. we'd have days out, going on trains to different towns, aways finding museums to visit, not my idea of fun, but hey!!
my youngest daughter Sarah, has never seen this part of me because Arthur came along not long after she was born, i guess in some ways she's lucky, she can't miss what she never saw, but Daev and Ellie both knew me as the person i as, way back then, or as it seems now.

I guess i should stop feeling sad for the parts of my life i've lost to Arthur, after all that is giving him strength, thats something he doesn't need.

this is a introduction to me, to my life, this is a place i can say all the things i feel, all the things that make me happy, angry and sad, a place to let out my feelings.
from this day i have a blog to call my own, morphine queens place, for she is me, (me and Arthur)
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment